Demo 3.0 is out!

September 3rd, 2016 by Graph

Hey all! It’s been a long road, but the new demo is finally here. Since Demo 2 we’ve completely reworked the sprites, CGs and backgrounds, and moved up to a larger screen res. There’s also an event that wasn’t in Demo 2 at the end.

Head on down to the downloads page to check it out!

image

81 Responses to “Demo 3.0 is out!”

1. DanNivanny says:

C’mon lads, just give us something saying you’re still alive, at least

It’s been almost a year now

2. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

Epic eclipse.

3. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

DSD and the state of ESR is killing me more than Valve and the state of Half-Life.
    Can you at lease release the script or maybe post an update?

4. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

I have skin cancer.
    Well fuck me sideways.
    Is this even in active development anymore?
    If it is then I wish you the best of luck and I hope it gets finished before I kick the bucket.

5. DanNivanny says:

And it’s been an entire year with absolutely no update

Well lads, looks like they’re all dead

6. carlosraruto says:

@Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture

Sorry to hear that.

7. SomeHobo says:

A full year…
    And I was so excited for this game.

8. Queeeenchies says:

I don’t think they are dead.

Graph’s last comment was only about 7 months ago, just need to be patient me thinks. :V

9. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

>just need to be patient
    JUST BE PATIENT GUYS! WE TOTALLY HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD XDDDDDDD!
    kys, I’ll meet up with you later. I’ll bring my little red back tumor with me.

It’s been over a year since the last update and it’s entirely possible that I won’t have another year left. I would really appreciate an update sooner rather than later.

10. DanNivanny says:

Soooo
    Still nothing

At least just say hi or something

11. Anapathy says:

I just found and subsequently binged this, shame it hasn’t updated in so long, hoping and praying here~!

12. Rain says:

Still no updates? : (

13. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

I’m not dying but the same can’t be said for this :^)
    At least you can count to 3 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14. Rain says:

The new challenge is counting to four.

15. SatoriBestSatori says:

Is this the new Half-Life3?

16. Rain says:

Maybe they’ll say something as a Christmas present? :O

17. FutoNARI69 says:

It’s dead i guess.

18. Queeeenchies says:

I’m still patient, I’m guessing the writers are writing and living. o- o;

19. Rain says:

They’re still working on it (got a forum response)

20. SomeHobo says:

Would you mind going into detail what exactly the response was?

21. Rain says:

Well, that week of being offline was worrying.

22. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

I gotta say, 15.5 sure was fun.
    2 years give or take since the last big update.
    I sure hope this doesn’t die.
    If it does die I at least hope they dump assets and the script on the Touhou reddit or the steam forums or something.
    It’s been a while since I last checked up on this and seems like no progress.
    R.I.P.
    It was fun lads, feels were had.
    Never give up dudes, you can still do it… I hope.

23. Carlosraruto says:

Agreed.

24. SleepKirby says:

Oh, uh, hi. I guess one of us should turn on proper notifications for these blog comments again, huh?

It probably would be a good idea for us to make a new post here too. But I’ll want to discuss with the others first. For now, quick notes:

– Yes, faceroll.net was down for a couple of weeks from the beginning of March. I was uneasy too, but I asked Iced and he got word from Sigma that it was a planned downtime. It did go longer than planned, though, because they had some network config troubles. If you see any nginx warning messages on the blog, that’s probably related to server/network changes as well.

– Graph is still around on and off too. He was doing some editing, effects and art in 2017.

– I didn’t get around to doing much at all last year, but this year I intend to change that. I’ve entered 5 new days into Renpy code, and currently working on 3 more.

– The Renpy coding is still a good way behind the writing in terms of story progress, so even though the writers are busy, I can keep going for a little while. Eventually though, writing will be the bottleneck, so we’ll see what can be done there.

Hope to have a better update for you all soon. I think it’s really cool that people are still checking on ESR’s status (very sorry for the complete radio silence here, though!), and I’m certainly feeling motivated to keep my current momentum thanks to your support.

25. W says:

It’s really good to hear you’re still around.

I’m sure all the followers of this project would appreciate a new update, even one that would report little progress.

Anyway, keep up the good work and hope to hear from you soon.

26. Rain says:

Hey, at least checking here regularly gives me incentive to try and improve my abysmal skills at the shooters.

27. SleepKirby says:

I should get back into the Touhou shooters as well. I’m one of those people who didn’t get around to playing past 12.x.

So it seems like Faceroll’s email system isn’t back up yet. We’ve notified the admin and will make sure that’s fixed before we make a blog post, so that our blog subscribers can actually get notified.

28. Be wary of ◅ BACK : Gesture says:

Just checking in again.
    Still watching and waiting.

29. SleepKirby says:

Hey, thanks for checking in. Gosh, the lack of email notifications really is crippling. I’ll send out one more message to see if our admin can get it fixed. In the meantime I’ll weigh some more drastic options to revive DSD. I didn’t have the time for such things in the past couple of months, but I do now, so we’ll see what happens.

30. Rain says:

Also checking, shame about the email issues.